The Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association (PIRA) is committed to working and making all aspects of non-life insurance easier for consumers, intermediaries, and insurance companies in the Philippines.
Established in 1954, PIRA early on was tasked to provide the prescribed rates for insurance companies and was aptly named the Philippine Insurance Rating Association. Four decades after its founding, the company merged with the Insurance and Surety Association of the Philippines (ISAP), with PIRA retaining its acronym but renamed the Philippine Insurers and Reinsurers Association.
PIRA today, seeks to promote the overall growth and development of the non-life insurance sector and represents its member companies by:
acting as an advocate for the industry;
handling issues and developing industry positions through government lobby, public affairs, industry forums
conducting technical research and pooling resources to achieve common objectives
identifying emerging trends and responding to issues affecting the industry
collaborating with government and the private sector on initiatives and projects for the benefit of the industry and community
As of January 2023, PIRA’s 54 member companies provide 100 percent of the domestic non-life insurance services sold in the country. PIRA members also account for a substantial investment in the Philippine stock market.
PIRA is the Institutional Leader - cohesive, trusted, and self-regulated in a growing non-life insurance industry in the Philippines.
To promote the general welfare and common interests of non-life insurance, surety and professional reinsurance companies doing business in the Philippines and the general public, through ways and means consistent with law;
To provide leadership, guidance and direction to the non-life insurance industry;
To propagate and spread the concept, principles and benefits of non-life insurance and surety business and to this end conduct educational campaigns, training seminars, workshops, conferences and lectures;
To create a positive image of the non-life insurance industry in the country and in the region;
To serve as a forum for the exchange of information on matters involving or affecting the non-life insurance, surety and reinsurance industries both local and international;
To make PIRA a reliable source of insurance-related statistics, forms and information;
To foster unity, goodwill and cooperation among its members in order that collective actions or pursuits in all matters of common interest to them may be facilitated;
To promote a harmonious environment where members voluntarily comply.
OUR CORE VALUES
1. 1 COOPERATIVE INSURANCE SYSTEM OF THE PHILIPPINES LIFE AND GENERAL INSURANCE (1CISP)
2. AIG PHILIPPINES INSURANCE, INC.
3. ALLIEDBANKERS INSURANCE CORPORATION
4. ALPHA INSURANCE AND SURETY COMPANY, INC.
5. ASIA INSURANCE (PHILIPPINES) CORPORATION
6. ASIA UNITED INSURANCE, INC.
7. BETHEL GENERAL INSURANCE & SURETY CORPORATION
8. BPI/MS INSURANCE CORPORATION
9. CARD PIONEER MICROINSURANCE INC.
10. CIBELES INSURANCE CORPORATION
11. CLIMBS LIFE AND GENERAL INSURANCE COOPERATIVE
13. COMMONWEALTH INSURANCE COMPANY
14. CORPORATE GUARANTEE AND INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
15. COUNTRY BANKERS INSURANCE CORPORATION
16. ETIQA LIFE and GENERAL ASSURANCE PHILIPPINES
18. FORTUNE GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
19. GOVERNMENT SERVICE INSURANCE SYSTEM
20. INSURANCE COMPANY OF NORTH AMERICA (A CHUBB Company)
21. INTRASTRATA ASSURANCE CORPORATION
22. LIBERTY INSURANCE CORPORATION
24. MAA GENERAL ASSURANCE PHILIPPINES, INC.
25. MALAYAN INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
26. MANILA BANKERS LIFE AND GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
28. METROPOLITAN INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
29. MILESTONE GUARANTY AND ASSURANCE CORPORATION
30. NATIONAL REINSURANCE CORPORATION OF THE PHILS.
31. OONA INSULAR INSURANCE CORPORATION
32. ORIENTAL ASSURANCE CORPORATION
33. PACIFIC CROSS INSURANCE, INC.
34. PACIFIC UNION INSURANCE COMPANY
35. PARAMOUNT LIFE & GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
36. PEOPLE’S GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
37. PERLA COMPAÑIA DE SEGUROS, INC.
38. PETROGEN INSURANCE CORPORATION
39. PGA SOMPO INSURANCE CORPORATION
40. PHILIPPINE AXA LIFE LNSURANCE CORPORATION
41. PHILIPPINE BRITISH ASSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
42. PHILIPPINES FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
43. PIONEER INSURANCE AND SURETY CORPORATION
44. PIONEER INTERCONTINENTAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
45. PRUDENTIAL GUARANTEE AND ASSURANCE, INC.
46. SEAINSURE GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
47. SGI PHILIPPINES GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
48. STANDARD INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
49. STARR INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE PHILIPPINES BRANCH
50. STERLING INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
51. STRONGHOLD INSURANCE COMPANY, INC.
52. THE PREMIER LIFE AND GENERAL ASSURANCE CORPORATION
53. TRAVELLERS INSURANCE & SURETY CORPORATION
54. VISAYAN SURETY AND INSURANCE CORPORATION